The Youth Festival of Television Programs and Films “Telemania” was established by the Institute of Cinema and Television (GITR) in 2004. It is supported by the International Academy of Television and Radio (IATR).
In 2018 the festival received grant support from the Federal Agency for the Affairs of Youth.
To find the most talented and creative young journalists, playwrights, stage managers, operators, sound producers, producers and artists and to motivate them to work on television and in the media industry.
Educational, course, diploma and independent works of students of universities in Russia and in other countries studying in higher education programs are accepted for submission to the Main
Telemania Junior – Works by pupils of general education schools and secondary specialized educational institutions are accepted for submission.
Telemania Individual – works by students of cinema and television schools and studios, as well as independent authors up to the age of 30.
Telemania Professional – works by teachers employed in professional jobs in the spheres of cinema and television are accepted.
- The best subject matter
- The best reporting
- The best script (text)
- The best Feature / Documentary
- The best Short Feature Film
- The best advertising video
- The best music video (clip)
- The best TV program
- The best work of a cinema producer
- The best work of a journalist / reporter
- The best work of a cameramen
- The best work of a sound engineer
- The best work of an artist
- The best work of a producer
- The Grand Prix
- Only works produced in 2017/2018 academic year may be submitted to the festival.
- The festival participant has the right to present any number of works in any nomination.
- The applicant is required to fill out the application on-line following the link https://gitr.ru/telemaniya in the section "Application".
- The applicant must specify a link to a video work, posted on the Internet.
- The submitted work must be placed onto a file hosting with the ability to download from a link, for example, disk.yandex.ru
* plots and advertising videos - no more than 90 seconds
* work of other genres - no more than 26 minutes
Container: AVI / MOV
codec: H.264 / ProRes
resolution: 1920x1080 / 1280x720
25 frames per second
Sound: Stereo / 5.1
The authors of the works agree to the transfer of rights to the Festival Organizing Committee for the use of the works submitted by them (in whole or in part) on a gratuitous basis within the framework of the Telemania-2018 festival:
- on Internet portals covering the festival,
- on the Russian TV channels in special reports on the festival,
- in the Internet broadcast of the Grand Ceremony of granting awards to the winners
The deadline for submission of applications and submission of papers to the Organizing Committee of the festival shall be from August 1 to October 15, 2018
From October 16 to October 25. The selection board shall look over all the works sent to the festival, determine their correspondence to the creative and technical requirements and shall create a short list.
On October 24 the Organizing Committee shall announce the short list of the festival
From October 25 to November 7 the Professional and Youth Jury shall look through the works, shall determine the winners in each nomination of each competition program and shall come up with the decision of awarding the Grand Prix.
From November 7 to November 21 master-classes of masters of Russian cinema and television, demonstrations and discussions of the competition works shall take place and be broadcast in live television broadcasts.
Registered participants of the festival will be allowed to attend the events in presence.
The program of the festival includes an art exhibition, a creative evening party, a concert in a musical club and other events.
The winners of the “Telemania” festival shall be declared on November 21, 2018, on the Worldwide Television Day; the Grand Ceremony of Award shall be broadcast live on television, on the official web page of the festival on its Internet website.
The winners in each nomination and the recipient of the Grand Prix shall receive prizes and diplomas of winners of the festival.
In the competitions “Telemania Jnr, Telemania Ind, and Telemania Pro the winners’ diplomas and the prizes shall be awarded by a special decision of the jury.
Upon the decision of the Organizing Committee of the festival the partner organizations are endowed with the right to bestow their special prizes in any of thecompetition’s nomination in any quantity.
The Special Prize is a certificate for the festival promotion from the distributor of CinePromo.
The Special Prize is a certificate bestowing the opportunity of studies at the GITR on preferential terms for pupils of high schools, secondary specialized colleges and schools (studios) for cinema and television.
Instructors and directors of projects shall receive diplomas of the festival.
The prizes and diplomas of the festival shall be sent to the participants by mail no later than on January 20.